After extensive preparations and consultation with embassies and influential political circles in Denmark, it is a privilege to present CSCD’s premium Academic Certificate Course. The course offers a unique opportunity of an unprecedently combination of highly profiled practitioners of Danish national and international politics as keynote speakers, with widely recognized academics as facilitators of learning circles.
We are thrilled to be able to welcome aspiring diplomats and look forward to serving you with premium knowledge and exclusive insights to assist you in your efforts to serve your country.
Over the span of two days, a wide range of prominent and influential Politicians, Parliamentary Committee Chairmen, Administrators from the Public & Private Sectors, and Renowned Academics will present key-note speeches to facilitate elaborations on crucial aspects of the Danish political context. They will share their insights and experiences on how the available empirical and theoretical knowledge can be applied and translated into practical strategic planning to improve the promotion of your national interests. The keynote speakers will motivate and facilitate the exchange of ideas and elaborations on practical implications of the perspectives presented for strategic LFA-framework planning.
The overall goal of the course is to improve contextual knowledge and know-how to assist diplomats’ efforts in persuading the interests of their country. The LFA objectives are multitude and will include networking, making strategic alliances, developing diplomats’ skills on working strategically, and improvement of their careers as present and future diplomatic representations of respective Foreign Ministries.
By course completion, participants will receive a Course Certificate issued and signed by CSCD and the Advisory Board.
Format and Course Materials
The didactic line of the course will follow a Flip-the-Classroom format and course materials including the methodological framework, LFA, SWOT, Learning Circles, full presentations, etc. will be made available upon registration.
Course plan includes the following (detailed plan under Program above):
- Welcome Day 1 – “Post COVID-19 Diplomacy”
- #1 – How to be a Successful Business Diplomat in Denmark – The Survival of Multilateral Institutions and the Impacts of Good Diplomacy
- #2 – Denmark’s Global, Regional, and Arctic Agendas: Top-Priorities of the Danish Government Listed, with Special Focus on Greenland & the Arctic
- #3 – The Relationship Between Politics, Business and Science in Denmark
- #4 – Danish Political Parties, Culture and Media: Diplomatic Agenda Setting in Changing and Durable Balances of Power in Denmark
- Group Elaborations on Practical Diplomatic Implications
- Mingling & Networking Dinner – French Luxury & Danish Cuisine
- Welcome Day 2
- #5 – Diplomatic Best Practices – Winning Coalitions and the Management of Diplomatic Crises
- Team-Based Context Analysis & Strategic Planning – Practical Implications of the Course
- Course Certificate Award and Graduation Ceremony
Course fee covers the full academic program, including catering, mingling & networking-dinner, certificate and all materials.
Full package: 13.995,- DKK excl. VAT – Early Bird registration: 12.995,- DKK excl. VAT
Day one only: 7.997,- DKK excl. VAT
Day two only: 7.997,- DKK excl. VAT
Location and Facilities
The Course will be held at Kurhotel Skodsborg. For course participants, Kurhotel Skodsborg’s director has made available a special offer with benefits for your stay at the hotel and its facilities. Please contacts us for further details.
For further information, please contact us at [email protected].