We are excited to present the first Ambassadors Lounge Event, exclusively through CSCD. The event presents a unique opportunity to discuss and gain insights on the possibilities from the Belt and Road Initiative, as seen through diplomatic perspectives from representatives from Europe and China.
The Belt and Road Initiative
The Belt and Road Initiative – launched in 2013 by Chinese president Xi Jinping – is China’s ambitious new project to revive the old Silk Roads through modernization of transport and energy networks between China and the rest of the world. It aims to connect China with the world, and the world with China, through:
- Intergovernmental cooperation and macro policy exchange
- Improvement of infrastructure
- Reduction of investment and trade barriers
- Financial integration and coordination
- People-to-people bonds through cultural and academic exchange, dialogue and communication
People-to-people connections tend to be left out in the European debate, even though it might be precisely the initiative needed to penetrate cultural barriers and establish new flowscapes to develop fruitful cultural and scientific collaborations. As science and business demand ever stronger collaborations, it has become a vital subject for debate and will be a focus point as we gather representatives from both Europe and China.
Speakers and Format
To shed light on how different European countries are responding to the opportunities presented by the Belt and Road Initiative, we have invited an expert panel to share their knowledge.
We are honoured to welcome five Distinguished Ambassadors to Denmark:
- His Excellency the Ambassador of China, Mr. Feng Tie
- Her Excellency the Ambassador of Poland, Mrs. Henryka Moscicka-Dendys
- Her Excellency the Ambassador of Serbia, Mrs. Jasmina Mitrovic Maric
- His Excellency the Ambassador of Hungary, Mr. Kristóf Altusz
- Her Excellency the Ambassador of Croatia, Mrs. Tina Krce
As well as members of the Danish Parliament, with a keynote speech from:
- Mr. Martin Lidegaard, Member of the Danish Parliament, Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs and former Danish Minister of Foreign Affairs.
The Ambassadors’ talks will be followed by representatives from Danish Business, Politics and Diplomacy, all supplemented by a research angle to discuss what kind of challenges and opportunities the Belt and Road Initiative represents to Danish and EU interests.
The talks will be under the Chatham House Rule, led by moderator Prof. Rasmus G. Bertelsen, and followed by a Q&A session and networking with refreshments for all guests and speaker
Access is free of charge for the Diplomatic Corps, VIPs and special invitees. In case this applies to you, please contact us at [email protected] to receive your personal ‘Free Access Code‘.
*We hold the right to make changes in the program